Friday, March 1, 2013

Coastal Retreat


I am just back from a four day quilting retreat with 30 of my VERY closest friends at Gold Beach Oregon.  We had such a good time!  My friends, Donna and Pam and I drove over to Gold Beach on a stupendously sunny day, a winter rarity for us here, and we were able to enjoy the beautiful scenery along the way.

There was a beautiful new vista around each turn in the road...

with each view more stunning than the last.

We stopped at quilt shops along the way...

and this T-shirt made me laugh.

We arrived at the Gold Beach Resort and set up our sewing areas.  I managed to finish two projects that I took along.  
My Summer Winds Star is still without borders but I am happy with the way that it's looking.

 I had fun with a Jelly Roll that I had been given.

And just for fun, I made this tiny little paper pieced apron block
that will likely become the most complicated potholder ever!

Everyone agreed that our retreat was tons of fun.  It was kind of like a four day 
slumber party, but with sewing machines.  

Good-bye Gold Beach!  See you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment